ICSE and CBSE are the two most widely recognized and popular education boards in the country, covering almost the same subjects. In order to determine which board is superior – CBSE or ICSE, it is necessary to have a thorough understanding of their differences. The variance can be found in the syllabus covered, the extent of knowledge, and the educational objectives. Therefore, let us delve into a detailed examination of each board.
What is the Difference Between CBSE and ICSE Boards?
1. Curriculum: ICSE has a more comprehensive curriculum with a focus on practical learning and English language proficiency, while CBSE has a more streamlined curriculum with a focus on core subjects such as math and science.
2. Language options: ICSE offers more language options, including regional languages, while CBSE focuses on Hindi and English.
3. Grading system: ICSE has a numerical grading system while CBSE has a letter grading system.
4. Examination pattern: ICSE exams are more application-based and require more analytical skills while CBSE exams are more memory-based.
5. Board recognition: Both boards are recognized by universities in India and abroad, so the choice of board depends on the student’s personal preference.
6. Competitive exams: CBSE students may have an advantage in competitive exams such as JEE and NEET due to the focus on core subjects.
7. Teacher qualifications: When hiring a home tutor, it’s important to ensure that they are qualified to teach the specific board syllabus.
8. Availability of resources: The availability of resources such as textbooks and study materials may differ between the two boards and may influence the choice of board and need for a home tutor.
9. Learning style: Students with different learning styles may find one board more suitable than the other, and a home tutor can help tailor their teaching to suit the student’s needs.
10. Personal preference: Ultimately, the choice of board depends on the student’s personal preference, and a home tutor can help them excel in their chosen board.
CBSE or ICSE Which Is Better?
After reviewing the comparison of CBSE vs ICSE above, it is possible to mitigate some of the confusion involved in selecting an education board. ICSE emphasizes the development of a child’s core personality traits for overall growth, while CBSE focuses on achieving their academic goals. With effective planning and guidance, students can excel in either board. The choice of board can also have an impact on a child’s future career plans. Generally, students interested in pursuing JEE or NEET tend to prefer CBSE, while those looking to pursue literature studies or study abroad are more inclined towards ICSE, according to popular opinion.
When it comes to choosing between the two, hiring a home tutor can be very helpful. A home tutor can provide personalized attention and guidance to the student, helping them excel in their studies. However, it’s important to ensure that the tutor is experienced and qualified to teach the specific board syllabus.
In conclusion, both ICSE and CBSE have their advantages and disadvantages, and the choice ultimately depends on the individual student’s goals and preferences. Hiring a home tutor can help the student excel in their chosen board and achieve their academic goals.
To find your perfect home tutors & improve your child’s bad grade